Menu

Collaborations

kitty

Collaborations

Started by kitty Replies (3)

I'm always looking for people to make art stuff with. It's easier to do with digital stuff but there's always kooky ways to collaborate on different types of arts. If anyone has any ideas or would like to collaborate on something, post!

Duuit!

• kitty

By kitty

I'm always looking for people to make art stuff with. It's easier to do with digital stuff but there's always kooky ways to collaborate on different types of arts. If anyone has any ideas or would like to collaborate on something, post!

Duuit!

• Benjamin H. Graham - bman

By Benjamin H. Graham - bman

I would like to collaborate, what you thinking?

Austin, TX
          • pktech

By pktech

I agree that digital is the easiest way to be part of a joint project, and while I've dabbled more than a little in that area, having had clients that I did everything from logos, letterheads, menus, etc. for, it's not my primary area of interest at the moment.

I like making jewelry, mostly out of sterling silver and semi-precious stones/beads. I also have used gold and gemstones, but that's a costly endeavor, so unless I have a client ready to pay for my work, I stick with less costly materials (I avoid using plated metals and cheap beads since you essentially get what you pay for with those items).

I also greatly enjoy working with polymer clay--something I've always referred to as "Play Doh for adults." I never cease to be amazed/in awe of the things I've seen people make with this humble medium. While I have made a few items of jewelry out of polymer clay, I mostly enjoy covering forms (such as vases, votive candle holders, pens, etc.) with it using a wide variety of techniques. This is something I've seen objects made by a group of people--each person adds their own style to a section of the creation, then mails it on to the next person. (I've seen the same done with jewelry, but the end result isn't nearly as fascinating as something made with polymer clay) Unfortunately, the start-up cost for working with this medium can be expensive. But I love the thought of doing something like that, as there isn't anyone where I live that works with polymer clay. :/

One semi-group effort that is both creative and selfless is called Bottles of Hope, where small bottles are covered in polymer clay and given to chemotherapy patients to bring to their chemo sessions. The bottles (empty Heparin bottles) are given to polymer clay guilds to decorate, and they are then distributed to patients. If this interests you, you can either search for "bottles of hope" or you can visit  http://bottlesofhope.org/ , if nothing else than to see examples of the many and varied ways a simple bottle can be decorated so beautifully.